Monday, October 8, 2012

First to Discover America

We got our test back in class today, and I got a bell! (I got an A)  We went over all of the test answers and I only got one wrong, and one word misspelled, which was Syracuse (I spelled it without and 'e' at the end).  So, overall I was happy with with my score.  Out of all the three sections we had the lowest average, but we got the second most amount of A's.  Our section got and 82.6% average with 7 A's, and 4 failing grades, section 2 got and average of 86.8% and 8 A's and no fails.  Section 3 beat us by .1 average!  They only had 4 A's, but only 2 fails.  Once the test was over Mr. Schick pulled up Eryn's Blog.  This was from 6 days ago, and had lots of information, and was used as the "perfect" example.  We also talked about the discovery of America, who really discovered America?  Not Columbus, he just got all the credit for it because he went back to England, told everyone and said "Look what I discovered!"  Hudson was before him, and the Vikings were before both of them!  We sectioned ourselves into three groups and worked on a PowerPoint about three people to look up, we had the vikings but I cannot remember any besides the vikings.  While doing this research I learned that the vikings arrived in 1000 AD, and even though they slaughtered people/enemies they took care of their land very well.  Also that they named their ships. Supposedly, there was about 20-30 million Native Americans living in America before anyone got there.  The Indians/Mayans/Native Americas were really smart too, because they could perform eye surgeries etc.  What we didn't finish of the PowerPoint was homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment