Monday, September 3, 2012

Essay #3

I can obtain excellence at John Carroll by using a five-step action plan. First step will be to not procrastinate on anything. I will try to do my homework and projects as soon as I can. Also not come home and watch TV and tell myself "I can just finish this show" or "I just want to check my notifications". I will also try to use my off mods for studying or getting homework done once I have eaten so I can have less to do after school. Secondly I can pay attention during class. It would benefit me greatly if I listen to all that is being said and take notes, this way I will be ready for future test, pop quizzes etc. Thirdly, it would help to have all my books and supplies, this way I will not have to worry about those minor thing deduction points from my grades. Fourth would be to stay active with my sports and social live as well as school. If I put off all but one, that can also keep my GPA lower than it could be. So I just need to find a way to balance all three of those. Lastly, I need to stay positive about what I'm doing. This will make it much easier to pay attention, and get through my studies. If I am not willing to get up, go to school, and learn, what the point of it? I need an education and I might as well use the chance I am given to learn.  If I follow these steps, I will be able to achieve success in high school.

 

1 comment:

  1. Great plan! If you need to, you could refer back to this later in the year - it would be like giving yourself a pep talk! 25/25

    ReplyDelete