Thursday, August 23, 2012

Today, the first thing I did was head to the Cafeteria.  I ate some food and met up with my friends.  Once the speaker called us to head to the auditorium my mom and I went to find a spot to sit.  The teachers gave us speeches of what the days/years to come would be like for us.  Most of the speeches were about learning and growing in the school community and how John Carroll would make us feel welcome and we did not have to worry or panic.  Although they did stress the importance of being serious about school and not to just fool around.  I was then called by the color of my folder to head to my advisory.  I really like my advisor Ms. Redfern and the other freshmen who are in there with me.  I was given my locker and the combination but sadly when I opened it, the locker was stuck and would not budge.  (Ms. Redfern ended up having to help me.)  I shoved my stuff in and we were shown where our classes were by Ms. Redfern.  When the fire drill went off we fooled everyone else outside (trying to ignore the loudness) to row G.  Then I was able to get a snack and head to my first class with Mrs. Deroba (Mr. Lowe).  I was only given one mod off but that was fine with me because I would not have much to do.  So far, I like all my classes, but the one that I think will be the most exciting for me is Chinese.  I cannot wait to be able to speak Mandarin!  After all my classes were finished I waited for my sister to arrive with my clothes for Cross Country practice (which was absolutely agonizing).

No comments: